Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Grandpa died Monday morning, the day after my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.
The night before he told my grandma "I can go home now." and my grandma laughed, and told him no you can't, you have to stay in the nursing home.
The next day she realized he meant his home in heaven, not his house. :(

Monday morning when my grandma got up to the nursing home their pastor was there doing devotions with him. He was singing Amazing Grace to my grandpa, and on the third verse, my grandpa went home.

I will never be able to sing or hear "Amazing Grace" without crying again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry! I remember when my grandpa passed and it was so hard. (((hugs))) It sounds like he and your grandma were very happy. :) God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete