Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am SO excited!

A few weeks ago I bit the bullet and invested in the new Canon 5D mark II and a 24-105 f/4 zoom lens. Ever since then I have been patiently...or not so patiently..awaiting the arrival of my camera, lens, and memory card so I could get to using it already!

Well about a week ago I received my camera body by way of UPS, I was SO excited...then I remembered I was still waiting for my lens, so the body just taunted me from the box on the floor in my living room. My memory card arrived 2 days later and I immediately put it in and took a few "shots" of the inside of the cover...ha. :) Just had to test it out!

Well today my wait FINALLY came to a screeching halt when my boss texted me to tell me my lens had finally arrived at the studio! I rushed over to pick it up, and let me tell you, so worth the wait! I took a few test shots on it when I got home to make sure everything was working smoothly, but I have to go out and buy a filter for my lens before I take it anymore outside of my house. I'm not about to go and ruin almost $5,000 by not having the proper safety precautions :)

Things on my NEED list for the camera:
*Lens filters
*Extra battery
*More memory cards
*CAMERA BAG...hopefully a ShootSack :D but I'd settle for a regular old bag for now, too.
*On camera flash
*LCD screen cover [the dang thing gets so fogged up and smudged so fast!]

That's a long list... but for now, I'm just going to bask in the glory of FINALLY having the camera I have been wishing for since it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment