Monday, December 7, 2009

Camera Update!

Well, friends, I have a happy update for you all!

I finally got my lens in the mail about a week or 2 before Thanksgiving. I ordered a pack of 3 filters off of Overstock.com, and was hoping they would arrive before we left for the cities for Thanksgiving, but alas, no such luck.

So I went on my way to the cities with my camera in tow, but all the while being nervous and wishing i had a filter for my lens to protect my VERY large investment. My aunt and uncle have two dogs and they had asked me to take their Christmas/family photos while I was there. Needless to say, my mission was to get to Best Buy or somewhere and get a filter. Well my dad ending up taking me, my boyfriend Brett, and my uncle to National Camera on Saturday. WOOHOO. LOVE that store! I got a Crumpler camera bag [the company is based out of Australia...they have some WEIRD product names! look them up!], 2 4GB Extreme III memory cards, and a really, really nice UV filter. The guy at National Camera cringed when I told him the kind of filters I had gotten, and to prove his point he showed me the difference between an equivalent to what I had gotten, and the top of the line filters that they carry - let me tell you, that was convincing! The cheap filter turned the white paper he put them on, YELLOW. Seriously - Y.E.L.L.O.W. Not to mention you could feel the "glass" in it moving around because it was loose. The top of the line filter left the paper with it's true white color, and the metal ring is made out of brass, which makes it much more durable and less likely to dent or break. He convinced me. The filter may have been $100, but hey, I don't want to put my lens in danger or degrade my picture quality with a crappy filter.

I ended up deciding to keep my 3-pack of crappy filters as a back up just in case something happens. They were only $25 so not too bad of a waste of money I guess.

So now all I have left to get on my list is:
*Flash
*Extra battery

Well and more lenses and what not, but that will have to wait until I can build up my funds again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment